Friday, September 26, 2008

Is Anyone Trying to Destroy You? ~

Father above...guide me in this post. As I read the Proverbs 26 this morning I was struck in my heart. Let me ask a question. Has anyone tried to damage your life? Recently, a year or so ago, God put someone in my life who sought their own personal gain. In the process of knowing this person I understood ulterior motives that those in authority did not see. "Like the glaze covering an earthen vessel are fervent lips with an evil heart." (vs.23 ESV) I will continue, "Whoever hates disguises himself with his lips and harbors deceit in his heart; when he speaks graciously, believe him not, for there are seven abominations in his heart; though his hatred be covered with deception, his wickedness will be exposed in the assembly. Whoever digs a pit will fall into it, and a stone will come back on him who starts it rolling. A lying tongure hates its victims, and a flattering mouth works ruin." Do you understand the impact of this passage? If someone has a goal, and you just a happen to be in the way, what do you do? Don't take it personal; you just happen to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Really? Is not our Father God sovereign in our lives? God may be wanting to bring to the surface your lack of fellowship with Him. You may say, "I do what I can but I am so busy." Really? Has God abandoned you? Never! You do have time but keep making excuses of how tired or busy you are. Legitimately you probably are tired of something. God's yoke is supposed to be easy. Remember, it is moment to moment fellowship with Him...always. God loves you very much; you must believe that! No matter where you go Satan will seek to destroy through someone, maybe even another believer. Scripture says that are "battle is not with flesh and blood." You must forgive and move on. It hurts deeply when someone injures us, especially someone you might care for though they don't believe it. When those old feelings come back remember that your ability to tap into God's strength is directly connected to your forgiveness. ~

No comments:

Post a Comment