Friday, October 24, 2008

Missing something?

I kid you not, when Kathy picked up the adds for groceries this is what she got. It was an absolute riot. I thought I was going to die laughing. The expression on the guys face, on the adds, is fitting as well. Interestingly enough I began to think how most Christians feel there are missing parts in their life. What am I supposed to do? Why isn't "this" or "that" working out for me? I have said before that every morning when I wake up and thank our heavenly Father I also remind myself I have an enemy that comes to steal and destroy. I knew of a young man who was beaten terribly by his grandparents and had to go to the hospital. That was a turning point for him. He was trying to protect someone else and took the blame for something he had not done. In essence he was trying to rescue someone else. The result was a wounded heart that left an impression that God has left us on this planet to fend for ourselves. When the boy grew up and became a man someone took him aside and walked him through that scenario all over again. The man was asked to explain what happened except he had to imagine Jesus standing there when it happened. The man began to cry as he imagined his Savior crying as well. Then the man was asked to imagine himself as the father of himself when he was a boy. He was asked to act as a father would toward the boy. This powerful healing scenario began to heal the missing parts of God in his life. This story is powerful. When we think of the missing parts remember try and understand that Satan will steal and destroy any belief of God in you. God loves you and does not want us to suffer this way. But Satan will do anything to get us to lose heart and just give in to disbelief. When I wake up I thank the Lord, out loud so my ears can hear it, and mentally put on my spiritual armor. "It's real war right outside your front door..." - Dan Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment